RM Sotheby’s will reprise its role as the official auction house of Florida’s renowned Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance, with the presentation of its 18th annual collector car sale at the prestigious Ritz-Carlton, March 12. From coachbuilt classics to modern supercars loaded with the latest in automotive technology, the handpicked roster of 90+ automobiles spans over a century of automotive styling and design.
Entries for the March sale are led by a handsome 1939 Mercedes-Benz 540 K Spezial Cabriolet A, chassis no. 408371. A one-off design featuring a bevy of special features including a raked vee’d windshield, louvered front hood, fitted luggage and five-speed transmission, this stunning 540 K boasts an exceptional provenance highlighted by some of the most famous names in the hobby (Est. $3,000,000 – $4,000,000).
- a 1932 Ford Model 18 Edsel Ford Speedster; the first of three one-off custom speedsters designed by Bob Gregorie for Edsel Ford, this once long lost and now beautifully restored Ford has never before been offered for public sale (Est. $1,200,000 – $1,400,000);
- a 1953 Siata 300 BC Barchetta by Bertone, campaigned in Pennsylvania hill climbs and ice races in period and offered in largely original condition from its owner of an incredible 60 years (Est. $200,000 – $250,000);
- a 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra, CSX 2188, the recipient of an exacting restoration by marque experts and stunning in black over red with chrome wire wheels (Est. $950,000 – $1,200,000);
- a 1984 Ferrari 288 GTO, the first 288 GTO officially delivered in Japan (Est. $2,300,000 – $2,600,000); and,
- a 2014 Pagani Huayra, a design and performance masterpiece capable of sprinting 0 – 60 in just 3.0 seconds and showing less than 400 miles from new (Est. $1,900,000 – $2,200,000).
In addition to its traditional automobile offering, RM Sotheby’s is proud to support the fundraising initiatives of the Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance via the presentation of a series of charity lots at the start of the March 12 auction, with proceeds benefiting Spina Bifida of Jacksonville.
A complete list of offerings is found in the digital catalogue, now available for downloading here. Further information, hi-res images and interview opportunities with RM Sotheby’s specialists are available and can be easily arranged upon request. Additionally, we’d like to take this opportunity to extend you an invite to join us at the event where an exciting range of media opportunities will be available. To register for media credentials, please click here.